Experiment mapping pre-rendered videos by the lab intern Lauren Licherdell to the geometry of the doors. It was rather hard to match up the mapping to the door. As you can see by the photo below, the stool was not the most stable. We used a folded up napkin to keep it from wobbling too much.
Probably should have picked a non-moving surface, as people were coming in and out of the doors all day. Every time the doors were opened and closed, they were slightly off. The projection had to be manipulated quite a bit to match up with the door geometry. The application used to manipulate it was OpenFrameworks, and I used Julapy’s amazing OF Delaunay wrapper for real-time image triangulation. Below are a few screen grabs of the mesh deformation from my screen.
More control points could have been added to refine and smooth out the mesh a little more, but the door kept moving!